Student Biryani is famous Birayni in Karachi. You can get similar taste at home too, if you are away from Karachi. This Recipe is inspired by Chef Shahid’s recipe.
|Rice Basmati||1/2 kg|
|Red chili powder||1 tbsp|
|Black pepper||1 tsp|
|White pepper||1 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1 tsp|
|Chopped green chilies||1 tbsp|
|Whole Spices Mix||2 tbsp|
|Dhania powder||1 -1/2 tbsp|
|Jaifal / Javtri powder||1/4 tsp|
|Ajino moto (optional)||1 tbsp|
|All spice powder||1 tbsp|
|Cumin powder||1 tbsp|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 -1/2 tbsp|
|Zarda / orange food colour||1/2 tsp|
|Kewra water||1 tsp|
|Tomato paste||4 tomatoes|
|Brown onion||1 cup|
|Green coriander||1/2 cup|
|Min leaves||1/2 cup|
|Biryani essence||1/2 tsp|
- Soak rice for 20 minutes.
- Boil rice and add salt, biryani essence, whole spices, Oil 2tbsp and vinegar 1 tbsp. Add rice and cook till half done . Now run cold water from rice to stop cooking process of rice.
- Set aside.
- You can cook Chicken gravy and than boil rice. Its up to you.
- In a pot add 1 cup oil and add ginger garlic paste, saute for few minutes and add tomato paste.
- Stir for few minutes and add chicken, stir.
- Add salt to taste, Yogurt, red chili powder, ajino moto, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, black pepper, white pepper, green chilli chopped, jaifal javitri, kewra essence, zarda colour, mix all well. let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Add coriander and mint leaves and 1 cup water. Cook on high flame and add brown onion.
- Cook till gravy become thick. Let water dry and add all spice powder and green chilies. Mix well. Do not over cook chicken.
- Spread Boiled rice on top of gravy and cover with lid for 10-15 minutes.
- Let it simmer on low flame.
- Mix and serve with Raita and salad.
Friends, you can Download Pakistani Food Recipe Book App today . The app’s main goal is to make cooking easier for all age groups. This App has a variety of tried and tested recipes to get you excited about cooking.
Click the button below and start the journey of food with Pakistani Food Recipes App: