Kache qeeme ke kebab or Peshawari kebab is one of the most famous traditional dish in Pakistan, basically originates from KPK. I my self tasted kebabs from Nowshera.
I have posted a recipe tried by my mother now this is a recipe I have learned from my maid. For my mother’s recipe open the link below:
PESHAWARI CHAPLI KEBAB
|Chicken or beef mince||1/2 kg|
|Red chili powder||1 tsp|
|Red chili flakes||1 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 tsp|
|Coriander powder||1 tsp|
|All spice powder||1 tsp|
|Cumin seeds, roasted and crushed||1/2 tsp|
|Ginger Garlic paste||1 tbsp|
|Lemon juice||2 tbsp|
|Gram flour||6 tbsp|
|Tomatoes||2 medium, chopped|
|Onion||2 medium, chopped|
|Green chilies||2-3, chopped|
|Coriander leaves||1/4 cup|
- Mix all ingredients in mince except gram flour.
- Keep it for 1/2 hour.
- Roast gram flour with out any oil. Mix in mince.
- Mix mixture with hand and rub with your palm for few seconds.
- Make a patti and shallow fry it.
- Serve with Raita and salad.