14 August themed ‘Rich Fruit salad’ It can be served as both salad and dessert. For serving it as dessert simply add 2 more table spoons of caster sugar!
Cream 1 cup
Mayonnaise 1 cup
Green Grapes 1 cup
Pineapples cut in small cubes 1 cup
Pears/apples cut in small cubes 1 cup
Banana 1 medium
Pistachio ¼ cup Salt a pinch
Castor sugar 4 tsp
Black pepper ½ tsp
Banana Jelly 1 packet
Gelatin 1 tsp dissolved in ¼ cup of water
• Prepare jelly with one cup of water. Pour in a mold of any shape. Let it cool.
• Mix rest of all ingredients.
• Now dissolve gelatin in ¼ cup of water and mix well. Put in microwave oven for 20 sec or boil it in a small saucepan. As soon as you see small bubbles turn off the flame and let it cool slightly.
• Add the gelatin mixture in the salad and mix well
• Taking one table spoon of the fruit salad at a time add over the jelly layer in the pan and let it set for 2-3 hours.
• For serving place the mold over boiling water in a pan for 10 sec. invert the mold and serve cold.