Its better to make healthier, tastier and cheapest version at home instead of buying it from market.At home you can make ketchup without any food color or preservatives which obviously are not good for health. One of my relative (Shazia ) gave me this recipe , from that day i am usin this recipe with a lot of variations..:)
|Red Ripe Tomatoes||1 kg|
|Red chilli powder||1 tbsp|
|All spice powder/ garam masala powder||1/2 tsp|
- Add Red chilli powder , all spice powder and tomatoes in a deep pan and cook till tomatoes become soft and mashy.
- Let it cool down and with a strainer,strain the mixture.You can use muslin cloth also for straining.
- Discard tomatoes skin and seeds.
- Transfer smooth pulp in a pan and add vinegar,sugar and salt.
- Cook till required consistency obtained.Let it cool down and store in sterilize bottles.