These parathas are my “Helper Parathas”, they will help you when you do not want to make Roti or help you when you are late from shopping or work, just grab few and make kebab paratha, khagina paratha etc. I got inspiration from my Family friend, Saista Humiyun she told me that she usually makes 40-50 at a time (super lady 🙂 ) and freeze them.
|Plain flour||1 cup|
|Wheat flour||1 cup|
|Milk powder (optional)||1 tbsp|
|Baking powder||1 tsp|
- Mix flour, salt, sugar (I have not used sugar because my husband do not like sweet taste of paratha), powder milk, baking powder.
- Make a small well in the flour and add water, start mixing from the center and after mixing knead well.
- Set aside for 1/2 hour and then make a long cylindrical shape of dough and cut them in equal halves, you can make at least 4-5 parahs .
- Now roll one parah/ball and spread margarine all over and cut from center, roll as shown in picture below.
- Roll parah and make a flat circle/roti. Now place this on butter paper or plastic sheet, again make a paratha and place on first one separating by butter paper.
- Make a stack of parathas in the same way and keep them in a zip lock bag. Keep in freezer in a plate.
- Your parathas are ready… when needed just fry them in 2 tbsp oil/ghee.