This recipe I have tried few days ago, the taste was the same of high way karhais. This recipe is of Diya Ansari. One of her excellent recipe. In Karachi on Super highway, a number of famous road side restaurants are located. This Karhai is specialty of Madina Restaurant. This is famous as 61- karhai.
|Green chilies||15-18 upto taste|
|Freshly chopped ginger garlic paste||2 tbsp|
|Black pepper||1 tsp|
|Ghee (clarified butter)||1 cup|
|Lemon juice||2 tbsp|
|Coriander leaves||as required|
|Green chilies||for garnish|
|Ginger sticks||as needed|
INGREDIENTS OF KARHAI MASALA:
|Roasted and crushed cumin seeds||1 tbsp|
|Roasted and crushed coriander seeds||1 tbsp|
|Crushed red chilies||1 tsp|
|Chat masala||1 tbsp|
|Black salt||1/2 tsp|
|All spice / garam masala powder||1/2 tsp|
|Dry fenugreek Leaves/ Qasori methi||1 tsp|
- In a wok add ghee and heat it, add chicken and fry till color change. Add green chilies and fry with chicken till brown color appear.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and fry for few seconds, add salt and black pepper and 1/4 cup water, cover with lid and cook till tender.
- Mix all spices of karhai masala and set aside.
- Add karhai masala and mix well. Add lemon juice , coriander , ginger and chilies. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off flame and give smoke of charcoal. If you like to.
- Serve with Naan.