|Basmati Rice||2 cups|
|Jaggery/ Shakar||1 and 3/4 cup|
|Coconut ,cut in thin slices||1/4 cup|
|Ghee||1/2 cup ,melted|
- Take jaggery an 4 cups of water and let it boil. Then strain jaggery water and set aside.
- In a pot add ghee/ clarified butter , clove and cardamom, let it crackle and then pour jaggery water in it.
- Let it boil again and then add Soaked rice. (soak rice for 20-25 mins)
- Check the sweetness , if you want to add more sweetness then add granulated sugar in it.
- You can add more water if feel rice are not cooked yet.
- Before simmering add coconut an raisins in it.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes and serve.
- Different color of Rice is due to different colors of Jaggery or Shakar.