Gulab jamuns are most favorite sweet in Pakistan. I have posted gulab jamun recipe with powder milk a long ago but here is another very different but tasty recipe in which we will use powder milk but in different style.
Follow the same measurements and instructions, you will get soft Jamuns which your family will definitely adore.
|Flour||1/2 cup and 1/4 cup|
|Semolina/ suji||1/2 cup|
|Fresh Milk||1/2 cup|
|Powdered milk||1/2 cup|
|Cardamom powder||1/2 tsp and 3-4 for syrup|
|Egg, beaten||less than half|
|Baking soda||less than 1/4 tsp|
|Oil / ghee for frying||as needed|
- Soak semolina in 1 cup water.
- In a pot add milk and ghee and let it boil.
- On first boil add powdered milk and stir vigorously.
- Let it cook and dries milk.
- Now discard water and add soaked semolina in milk mixture. Mix well.
- Add flour in it and mix well. Keep the flame low.
- After adding flour the mixture will become like a dough.
- Let it cool down or keep it in fridge till cool completely.
- Add cardamom powder in it, add less than half egg, less than 1/4 tsp baking soda, 1/4 cup flour in jamun dough.
- Mix all well and make balls of equal size.
- Fry jamuns in oil and, flame should be medium low.
- Meanwhile in a pot add water , sugar and cardamom. Let it cook till sugar dissolve.
- Put jamuns in sheera/ syrup and keep them in syrup for few hours.
- Enjoy 🙂