This recipe is adaptation from my mother’s recipe book. She used to make it by frying carrots first, may be few of you will be surprised of this technique but believe me you will find this very tasty. I have tried both methods of gajrela making but my mom’s is the best….:)
|Carrots (shredded)||2 cups|
|Rice (soak in water for ½ hour)||1/2 cup|
|Khoya/condensed milk||1 pao/1 cup|
- In a deep pan pour ghee/butter and cardamom and let it crackle for few seconds then add carrots and fry them for few minutes.
- In a separate pan boil rice till tender then grind them in a grinder with 2 tbsp water.
- Now add this paste in the carrots pan and pour milk over it. Add sugar as well and let them cook till gajrela become thick.
- At this stage add khoya/condensed milk( if using condensed milk reduce sugar a bit) and mix with light hands.
- Dish this out and garnish.