Have you ever heard about Gajjar Mukhadi / Carrot and Semolina Desert..???? Mukhadi is a famous Halwa of KPK and Punjab but this carrot Mukhadi was a surprising thing for me also when my maid first time tell me. I just garbed the pen and copy down her recipe. Very next day i was experimenting in my kitchen
It was very different in taste and aroma then Mukhadi. Carrots are in season so do not forget to try this recipe.
Click the link for original MUKHADI HALWA.
|Semolina||1 cup (soak in 2 cup water)|
|Carrots grated||1/2 cup|
|Ghee/ Butter||1/2 cup|
|Nuts and khoya||for garnish|
- Soak semolina in water for 15 minutes then drain excess water.
- In a heavy bottom pan add Ghee and cardamom, let it crackle.
- Add sugar and let it melt on very low flame. You can check this process here MUKHADI HALWA
- Grate carrots and set aside.
- Add semolina in ghee and stir for five minutes.
- Add carrots in semolina mixture and now get ready for muscular exercise, because you need to stir constantly till ghee separates.
- Garnish with nuts or khoya and serve hot.
- Enjoy this very different Mukhadi with a cup of tea
- I am sharing my carrot carving with you. 2 years ago i have participate in a contest arranged by Sajina of “Saju’s taste”.
- A small carrot pot with flowers.
- Look at the vibrant colors of vegetables.
- Carrot ribbons very simple to make from a hand peeler.
- Make loops and secure with tooth pick.
- Carrot Hearts