A perfect dhabba style Maghaz Fry or Maghaz Masala recipe I am sharing with you. This recipe I have adopted from Chef Shahid’s recipes. I always admired his way of cooking.
|Goat Brains, washed and boiled||4|
|Tomatoes||2 large, chopped or grind them|
|Onion||1 medium, grind it|
|All spice powder||1 and 1/2 tsp|
|Red chili powder||1 tsp|
|Coriander powder||1 tbsp|
|Cumin powder||1 and 1/2 tsp|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 and 1/2 tbsp|
|Qasuri Methi||1 tsp|
|Fresh coriander leaves||4 tbsp|
|Ginger , cut in thin sticks||2 tbsp|
|Butter or Oil||1/2 cup|
- In a pot add 3 glass water, now add brains, salt, turmeric powder 1/2 tsp, ginger garlic paste 1 tsp and cook for 10 minutes. This process will remove smell of brain.
- Take them out and remove veins and skin.
- Set aside.
- In a pan add oil and ginger garlic paste, stir for few seconds.
- Add onion and stir. Add turmeric powder 1/4 tsp and mix well. Let it fry for few seconds till nice golden color appear.
- Add tomato paste or chopped tomatoes. Fry well. Add red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt, all spice powder, mix well.
- Add yogurt and mix well. Fry till oil separates.
- Add brain. Do not mash it.
- Add Methi. Fry on high flame till oil separates.
- Garnish with coriander , ginger and chillies.
- Serve with Naan.