A long ago Cooking expert Rahat taught this recipe , I am making this easy and tasty pastry for my family and they always like these small crescents.Hope you will try these and tell me about your experience.
|Baking powder||1 tsp|
|Butter/ ghee||2 tbsp|
|Milk||as needed for kneading|
|Chicken boiled and shredded||1 cup|
|Black pepper||1 tsp|
- Mix flour, butter/ ghee, salt, egg, baking powder and knead with milk.
- Make a soft dough and st aside for 1/2 hour.
- In a pan add oil and onion saute for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken , salt and black pepper , mix well .
- Add 2 tbsp milk in it stir constantly to avoid lumps.
- Let it cool completely.
- Roll the dough very thin and cut circles. Place chicken mixture on one circle and brush water on corners of circle.
- Place other circle on it and press with fork to seal all sides completely.
- Fry these in oil till nice brown color appear.
- Serve hot with ketchup or any sauce…:)
- And yes you can bake these also, just place on greased tray and brush egg on each crescent and bake at 180c till well brown and crisp.