Dulce de leche is a Caramelized milk in which sugar has been slowly cooked and producing a thick, creamy texture. This you can very easily make at home. A simple, safe way to make it is by baking or cooking condense milk on stove top, in a water bath .
This creamy yummy caramel is extremely versatile and can be used as a topping on cakes, ice creams, cupcakes, cookies or can be a dip for fruits and interesting thing is, i am using this in custard and kheer making.
|Condensed milk can||1|
- Open the half lid of condense milk can and cover with Aluminum foil.
- Fill water in a deep pan till half way of the can.
- Place this can in water and on low flame cook it.
- It will take 3 hours approx you can peek in by removing foil from one side.If it is not yet Carmel brown in color then cover again and cook of few more minutes.
- You will get a beautiful brown thick caramel in the end.
- You can bake in the same way , place Can in a water bath and bake for 1 hour or so at 180c.
- Check it when brown color appear take it out.
- Let it cool down completely and whisk it for a smooth texture.