Sounds interesting…??? I am assuring you, you will like these tasty and a bit spicy potato curry patties/ pasties. I will give you alternate of Puff pastry in the end you can make pasties without puff pastry too…:)
|Puff pastry||1 packet|
|Potatoes and carrots diced||8 oz|
|Onion chopped||1 small|
|Garlic clove minced||2|
|Curry powder||1/2 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 tsp|
|Cumin powder||1/2 tsp|
|Mustard whole grain||1/2 tsp|
|Veggie/ chicken stock||4 tbsp|
- Heat oil and add onion and garlic chopped. Saute for few seconds.
- Now add all vegetables , salt and spices ,stir and add stock in it. Cover with lid and cook till tender. and liquid has been absorbed .
- You can mash potatoes and carrot if you want.
- Roll puff pastry and cut squares then place filling on one side ans brush milk/ water on corners and seal with fork.
- Brush egg wash on pasties .
- Bake at 180c for 20 25 minutes or till light brown color.
DOUGH FOR PASTIES
- Mix 1-3/4 cup flour, 1/3 cup margarine, salt a pinch , knead with water and leave it for 30 minutes.
Watch this also…:)