A rich chocolate cake for special occasions with rich chocolaty frosting. You can’t go past maltersers Chocolate Cake recipe, which is a perfect treat for kids. This recipe is taught by Zarnak Sidwa. Hope you will try it 🙂
INGREDIENTS FOR CAKE:
|Soft brown sugar||150 g|
|Castor sugar||100 g|
|Fresh milk||175 ml|
|Horlick powder||2 tsp|
|Unsalted Butter||15 g|
|Plain flour||175 g|
|Cocoa powder||25 g|
|Baking powder||1 tsp|
|Baking Soda||1/2 tsp|
INGREDIENTS FOR FROSTING:
|Icing sugar||250 g|
|Cocoa powder||1 tsp|
|Horlick powder||45 g|
|Unsalted butter||150 g|
- Pre heat Oven at 150c. Grease 8 inch pan.
- In a bowl add eggs, brown sugar and castor sugar. Beat well.
- In a pan add milk, Horlick and butter. On low flame just melt butter. Milk should not boil. After dissolving ingredients, remove from flame.
- Stir to release heat from milk mixture. Let it warm.
- Add in egg mixture with light hands. Beat well.
- Sieve soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and flour and mix in egg mixture. Beat well.
- Transfer in baking pan and bake for 25 minutes approx.
- In a bowl add icing sugar, cocoa, Horlick and butter. Beat well.
- Keep in refrigerator for few minutes, it will set and you can easily spread.
- Cool down cake completely and cut from center and spread frosting in between.
- Cover cake with frosting and Let it set in refrigerator for few minutes.
- Garnish with Maltesers.
- Serve with Coffee 🙂