This is my basic gulab jamun recipe but i gave this a chocolaty twist :). As I am a big chocolate lover, I decided to add chocolate in gulab juman dough and the result was very good.. This was one of my successful experiments.
|Milk Powder||1 cup|
|Chocolate (chopped)||1/4 cup|
|Oil (for frying)||as desired|
- Mix all ingredients of jamuns including chocolate and make a dough, but do not add the whole egg. Add in small portions and knead to make dough. (Baking powder is missing from ingredients list please add 1 tsp level baking powder also)
- Set aside and make sheera.
- Make small balls of dough and fry in oil, but keep it in mind that when you will fry these balls, chocolate will melt and oil will change the color to brown.
- After frying add balls in sheera and cover the lid for 15 mins, its better to add all balls at the same time.
- Transfer all jamuns in a bowl with sheera and give them some rest for few minutes. Chocolate will be set and when you will cut it with spoon you will see chocolate chunks in it..