This special cake i made on my son Ali’s 7th Birthday.Thou It was on 19th April and i am late in posting this divine recipe of Chocolate Cake ,which is basically Martha Stwert recipe but its never too late :). I have covered this cake with fondant and my theme was Ali’s favorite , Dinosaur.
It was that day you were born,
The Day I first laid my eyes on you,
My throat constricted with emotion,
World was suddenly brand and new,
I felt blessed and happy and ecstatic,
All appeared afresh like drops of dew,
That magical moment and since then,
I’ve always loved and cherished You.
Happy Birthday to my Adorable son
It was a memorable moment for my son to celebrate his birthday with his friends and teacher in school.
My younger son celebrating his brother’s birthday 🙂
|Cocoa powder||1 cup|
|Baking soda||1 tbsp level|
|Baking powder||1 and 1/2 tsp|
|Butter milk||1 cup|
|Warm water||1 cup|
|Vanilla essence||1 tsp|
|Sugar ,grind it||3 cups|
- Preheat oven at 150c. Grease cake pan.
- In a large bowl sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and pinch of salt.Add sugar.
- In this dry mixture add, butter milk, eggs, warm water, vanilla essence one by one. Beat till smooth.
- Pour in baking pan and bake at 180c till done. Let it cool completely.
- Roll fondant and spread butter cream on cake then cover cake with fondant. Cut excess fondant.
- I have used cutters to make HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALI.
- Make theme of your choice and serve 🙂
- I have used Marshmallow fondant for making flowers and wishing letters.
- You can click the link for Mallow fondant recipe here: MARSHMALLOW FONDANT
- For basic fondant recipe click here: Basic fondant