Karhai is one of a very famous and important dishes in Pakistan, You will observe a lot of variations in Karhai but these days Paneer karhai is in demand. I am sharing my tried and tested recipe today.
|Chicken boneless or with bones||1/2 kg|
|Onion||2 medium, chopped|
|Tomatoes||2 large, chopped|
|Green chilies||5-6, cut in sticks|
|Cottage cheese||1/2 cup cubed|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 tbsp|
|All spice powder/ garam masala||1 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||1 tsp|
|Red chili powder||1 tsp|
|Coriander leaves||1/4 cup.|
- Heat oil in a clay pot or normal pot, Add chopped and fry till light golden in color.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and chicken. Fry till color change.
- Now add tomatoes, green chilies, salt, all spice powder, turmeric powder and red chili powder. Mix well.
- Add yogurt and mix, cover with the lid and cook till water dries.
- Fry till oil separates.
- Cut cottage cheese and fry in oil, Make crumbs of cheese and spread on chicken, spread cream top.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves and cover with the lid, let it simmer for 10 minutes on very slow flame.
- Remove from stove and serve with Naan.