Chane ki dal ka halwa/ gram lentil pudding is scrumptious dessert. In Pakistan this is very famous in all age groups. I remember when i was a small kid ,on 15 Shaban (shab e barat) along with other halwas my mother used to make this one as well.
Distributing halwa in neighborhood was a fun activity for me as a child
|Chane ki dal/ gram lentil||1/2 kg|
|Sugar||1 and 3/4 cups or to taste|
|Ghee||1 and 1/2 cups|
|Khoya/ milk powder||1 cup|
- Wash gram lentil and soak it in water for 1 hour.
- Boil it and drain water. Grind it till paste forms.
- Now in a pot add ghee/butter and cardamom , let it crackle and add paste of gram lentil.
- Add sugar also and stir this constantly till ghee start to separate.
- Add khoya or powder milk and stir well.
- As soon as ghee separates add nuts and spread this mixture on a greased tray.
- With spatula or flat spoon even the surface an cut shapes of your choice.
- Let it cool completely and with knife separate them.
- You can follow this technique too, after boiling lentil grind it and in ghee roast it, in separate pan add ghee and cardamom.
- Let it crackle and add sugar and 1/2 cup water as soon as sugar melts add lentil and stir constantly.
- Now stir it till ghee separates, add nuts and spread on tray and cut shapes.