Samosa chat is another tempting variation of Chats.This is a tangy and spicy famous street food of Punjab region.When i tried this first time i was very much surprised to see a large samosa topped with chana gravy and dahi bondi.But believe me this complete meal was finger licking delicious…:)
Here it is a copy cat recipe of my city’s famous Samosa Chat.
|Chickpeas (boiled)||1 cup or as needed|
|Onion for gravy||1 small|
|Cumin seeds, fennel seeds||1/2 tsp each|
|Crushed red chillies||1 tsp|
|Gram flour||2 tbsp|
|Dahi bondi||as needed|
|Sliced onion and cabbage||as needed|
|Chat masala||as needed|
|Sweet and sour tamarind sauce||as needed|
- Fry onion in 2 tbp oil and add gram flour fry for few seconds and then add cumin seeds, fennel seeds,crushed red chillies, salt and chickpeas ,mix them well.
- Add water and keep on stirring for few seconds till gravy become thick.
- Now arrange samosa in a large platter or prepare single servings.
- Place samosa then chickpea gravy and bondi raita (you can use plain yogurt also). Sprinkle chat masala and sweet and sour tamarind sauce.
- Garnish with onion rings and cabbage slices.
For the recipe of bondi raita click _BONDI RAITA.
For the recipe of Imli sauce click – IMLI SAUCE/ TAMARIND SAUCE.