Chicken and chickpeas is a unique combination, isn’t it I like to have it with potato raita and salad. I was making chicken pulao at first but then I thought I should add chickpeas in it with mughlai pulao spices. The end product was very delicious.
|Basmati Rice||1/2 kg|
|Chickpeas (boiled)||1 cup|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||1 tbsp|
|Sabut Garam Masala||1 tbsp|
|Red Chilli Powder||2 tsp|
|Jaifal Jawitry||1/2 tsp|
- Pour oil in a deep pan and add onions. Fry on low flame till golden brown.
- Now remove half of the onions and spread on paper towel.
- Add chicken and g/g paste. Stir and fry constantly on medium flame.
- As soon as chicken changes its color to golden add garam masala and stir it for few seconds.
- Now add salt, dahi, red chilli powder, jaifal jawitry and fry all very well.
- Add water to make yakni.
- As soon as chicken become tender add chick peas and rice.
- In the end sprinkle remaining fried onion and zarda color and keep on dam for 10 mins on very low flame.