This super easy recipe is a blessing from my mom , i saw her making this when i was a small kid, now i am making this for my kids….:) This colorful and time saving recipe you can add in your Ifftar Party Menus or can add in your Eid Menus.I am sure you will like it….
|Dessicated coconut||1 cup
|Powder milk||1 cup
|Condensed milk||6 tbsp
|Crushed pistachio||as needed
- In a large bowl add all ingredients and mix well.Roll them and set aside.
- I have used colored coconut for coating .You can take 2 tbsp dessicated coconut in a zip lock bag and add 2 drops of food color of your choice now shake it well , roll your coconut rolls one by one and wrap them in a colored paper or cling wrap.
- Enjoy these easy coconut rolls…:)
This recipe i am sending to http://www.sajustastes.com/ for Ramadan Recipe contest.
Sounds interesting, isn’t it..? I saw my mother making these pakoras frequently in Ramadan with mint chutney, I have done some alterations to my mother’s original recipe. You can say my family recipe with my touch…:)
|Mong lentil||1 cup
|Red chilli powder||1 tsp
|Red crushed chillies||1/2 tsp
|Whole coriander crushed||1 tsp
|Baking soda||1/4 tsp
|Green coriander||3 tbsp
|Green chilli chopped||2 tsp
|Onion chopped||1 small
- Soak moong lentil overnight or 4-5 hours and then in a food processor grind it very finely, add salt and red chilli powder also.
- Transfer into a bowl and then add 1/2 tsp soda, crushed coriander, crushed red chillies, onion, green coriander, green chilli.
- Mix all well and then with wet hand pick and make a small long shape with impressions of your fingers on it ,slide it in oil. Oil should not be very hot.
- Fry till golden and crispy .
- Serve with any sauce or mint chutney.
The nation is celebrating Pakistan Day on 23rd March with traditional fervour and zeal to rejoice the emergence of Pakistan that marked the emancipation of an independent Muslim state.Allama Iqbal’s dream was redeemed as the Quaid responded to his vision with resolve, commitment, sincerity and devotion. He virtually fought single handedly to carve out Pakistan.
It is an auspicious occasion for the Pakistani nation that calls for evaluation of our failings and achievements to seek guidance for the future. Pakistan has endured many ups and downs in the course of its history over the past six decades.I am hoping for a bright future for my kids and this poem is dedicated to my new generation…
© Kathy J Parenteau
Stand tall oh mighty oak, for all the world to see,
your strength and undying beauty forever amazes me.
Though storm clouds hover above you,
your branches span the sky,
in search of the radiant sunlight you
count on to survive.
When the winds are high and restless and
you lose a limb or two,
it only makes you stronger, we
could learn so much from you.
Though generations have come and gone
and brought about such change,
quietly you’ve watched them all yet still
remained the same.
I only pray God give to me the strength he’s
to face each day with hope, whether
skies are black or blue,
Life on earth is truly a gift
every moment we must treasure,
it’s the simple things we take for granted
that become our ultimate pleasures.
Today’s recipe is my special treat on this special day….:)
|Doughnut dough||as needed
|Oreo biscuits||as needed
|Icing sugar||as needed/1 cup
|Food color||few drops
|Water ||1-2 tbsp
- Knead the dough, leave it for 2-3 hours at warm place, before baking or frying add crushed Oreo biscuits in it.Again knead them.
- In icing sugar add 2 drops of green food color and 1 -2 tbsp water ,mix well and dip doughnuts in the icing.
- sprinkle crushed Oreo biscuits on top.
- You can dip doughnuts in chocolate and then sprinkle Oreo.Choice is yours.
- Enjoy delicious Oreo glazed doughnuts.
Sounds interesting, isn’t it? Actually in this recipe I have used pizza dough, you can use puff pastry as well. Then cut the shapes and bake them, spread veggies of your choice and enjoy this easy and healthy snack with tea. A perfect lunch box recipe as well.
|Pizza dough/puff pastry||as needed
|Spread/ cream cheese||vegetable,chicken,olive ,anyone of your choice
|Mix vegetables ,of your choice(Carrot,cucumber,onion,capsicum) diced||as needed
|Oil||for greasing tray
- Use pizza dough or puff pastry and roll it, it should be very thin.
- Cut with knife or cutters of any shape of your choice and bake it till golden and crispy.
- Spread any spread ( vegetable, chicken, olive ).
- Cut all vegetables in very small cubes and spread on your leaves and flowers.
- Serve with sauce.
Low fat and highly healthy snack or can be a lunch box item as well. Spicy and crunchy chickpeas are very easy to make, you can make them in just 10 minutes. Boil chickpeas and freeze them when needed just microwave them, add spices and your crispy and spicy snack is ready…:)
|Red chili powder||as needed
|Crushed red chillies||to taste
|Chat masala||to taste
|Oil||just to grease tray.
- Boil chickpeas and drain water now with paper towel pat dry them .
- On baking tray spray oil and spread chickpeas, sprinkle salt, red chili powder, crushed red chili and chat masala.
- Toss them so that all spices coat on chickpeas evenly.
- Bake at 180c till chickpeas become brown n crispy.
If you are thinking of making easy and time saving pizza for you or your kids then you should try this one.. Can be your evening snack or kids lunch box item, you can add mushrooms, chicken or any other thing you want along with fries, otherwise simple fries pizza is also tasty. One more thing no measurement required in this recipe…amazing….isn’t it..???
|Cheddar and Mozzarella Cheese
|Mushrooms, Chicken BBQ Chunks or Sausages
- Make French fries and put them on paper towel for the oil to be absorbed.
- Now in heat proof dish layer up fries, you can sprinkle salt a bit then in a pan heat pizza sauce. If you want to add salt then you can add in sauce as well (up to your taste ).
- If you want to add any other filling then add after fries then pour sauce on fries.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and then sprinkle oregano on cheese (optional). I normally do this because I like the aroma of oregano a lot.
- Bake till cheese melt and is a little bubbly.
- Serve hot and enjoy this easy peasy pizza…
SENDING THIS TO: http://haffaskitchen.blogspot.com/2014/08/my-1st-event-announcement-back-to-school.html
Hi friends a very sweet and chocolaty happy new year 🙂 I was thinking to wish you all in my style and as I mentioned before I love sweets and chocolate so instantly I decided to make “2013 doughnut”… It was an exciting activity for me and my kids. Hope you will like it as well. Top of all today its a beginning of a new journey of my website. I would like to thank my husband, without his support and efforts it couldn’t be possible. I will end with this wish for you and for myself as well..
New year comes to give us a fresh hope
For a better future and success
New Year gives us dream for that
We will face challenges with confidence
On this new year may your dreams and hopes
succeed with the blessings of God
Happy New Year and Seasons greetings to all…..
- Mix all ingredients and then knead them with lukewarm milk. It should be soft now keep it at warm place (near stove) to rise.
- Now roll the dough with rolling pin and cut it with doughnut cutter.
- Deep fry them on medium flame.
- In a pan add icing sugar ,butter and milk and mix well.
- Now add chocolate and melt it on low flame (I always keep it in microwave for 20 sec) and then add in sugar mixture.
- After mixing, dip doughnuts one by one and leave them to set…..
- Make any shape you want with the dough (in this case I’ve made numbers), then dip them in icing and garnished with sprinkles.
All time favorite of my kids and mine also…lol. This is my evening tea time snack and my son’s lunch box item , very easy to make but please do not freeze them because potato become soggy if you store them for longer period of time. I always prepare potato based things fresh. Make in the evening for kid’s lunch box and fry them in the morning.
hard boiled eggs 3
boiled potatoes 4 medium size
black pepper crushed 1 tsp
corn flour 1 tsp
soya sauce 1 tsp
egg 1 for coating
bread crumbs as needed
Mash potatoes and mix all ingredients.
Cover each egg with potato mixture and dip in egg then coat crumbs, set a side . Make all and then deep fry them…..very good for your kids lunch box…:)
I tasted these in my friend’s house ,i liked them a lot. They were bakery made but i examine them and at home I’ve tried myself , these were very close to original one. You can use these in your iftar menu also.
chicken 1/2 cup
potato 4 medium size boiled
crushed red chili 1 tsp
garam masala powder 1/2 tsp
sabut dhania crushed 1/4 tsp
zeera 1/4 tsp
ajino moto 1/2 tsp
Add all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well ,chicken should be shredded and potato mashed,now make rolls , deep fry them….
I will not recommend u to freeze them for longer period,use within a week because of potato filling.