Donut is one of the special snack for kids or you can say more than a snack 🙂 I saw Donut recipe with fantastic pictures by Urooj Adil in a group, So I contacted Her to see if she wanted to feature her recipe here. She agreed with a big “YES”.
I am grateful that she agreed and shared a perfect recipe with detail with us.
Without further ado allow me to introduce Urooj, who will share a bit about herself and her inspiration:
Very easy, fantastic, quick, perfectly soft and their smell and taste was incredible, Donuts with chocolate topping.
Today, I made donuts with my bundle of joy. Real sweet pastime, but I am scared that there won’t be enough donuts, because my child ate them immediately one after another.
A little confession: I’m not a donut person but now i can understand the phrase What ever you don’t like/Enjoy there is a moment in mother’s life where she happily complete that task for the sake of her child happiness.
So, my little man doesn’t know how to speak properly as he is only 3 but he can tell me he wants two things each day as breakfast , pre lunch, lunch, noon snack, pre dinner, dinner, bed time snack & even in mid night i.e: Gol Gappy , dounts
Due to his constant demand I searched internet starting from my most favourite cooking expert Shireen Anwer recipe & after going through written recipes to YouTube videos i ended from where I started.
Given below recipe is the recipe of Shireen Apa’s donut recipe. I highly recommend please go through this video for tips, do(s) & don’t(s)
As the recipe is Quick, easy gives some remarkable results.
People who like more sweet taste can ascend suger level upto their likeness. I always follow One tip from Shireen Apa’s teacher sir yousuf, he says, be fearless. Ek bar agr apki marzi ka kaam nahi bnay ga to koi baat nahi dusri bar k liye app k pass tajarba hojaye ga.
I made this recipe in quarters makes about 12-14 ( I used standard measuring cups)
Flour 250 gm
Milk powder 1/4 cup
Milk 70 ml (app. 1/4 cup +2tbsp)
Water 50 ml (app.1/4 cup)
(Mix water and milk microwave for 20 sec and knead the dough with this warm liquid)
Mix everything, make soft plus smooth dough. proof for 30 min to 1.5 hr
Punch down, knead for 5-7 min, roll 1/2 inches thick, cut, leave on flour dusted surface for second proof, fry.
for frying process
It is like the usual. But i did deep fry in small pan. 2 at a time. Pour hot oil on upper side of donuts too with the help of a deep spoon.
Fry on medium heat.
FOR GLAZE INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup icing suger
1tsp coco powder
2tsp hot water
Mix well. Be fearless, you can simply ascend or descend sweetness according to your taste.
TIPS FOR DONUT MAKING
Some tips I found useful if you are making donuts for the first time like me:
1) I has shared 1/4th portion of Shireen Anwar’s recipe. This quantity is perfect if you are trying donuts for the first time and it makes easily 12-15 donuts.
2) Mix all the dry ingredients for the dough first. Then add melted butter and the egg. Then add the water and milk mixture little by little just enough to knead a smooth dough.
3) Make sure the water and milk mixture is slightly hotter than warm if you want your dough to rise perfectly and be super soft.
4) Your dough will not rise properly if you use old yeast. Make sure your yeast is new or good to use.
5) Donuts should be fried for 3-4 minutes in preheated oil on medium low flame. Turn only once while frying.
6) Check how hot the oil is by using a small piece of dough first before putting in the donuts. Adjust temperature of oil accordingly.
7) Mix the chocolate/sugar glaze well just before you dip the warm donuts into them because the glaze hardens on the surface if not stirred for some time.
Have a nice day