I am sharing very easy and delicious recipe of Barfi with you. Barfi or barfee is one of the famous traditional sweet of Pakistan. Special occasions are incomplete without Barfi. You will find a lot variations in Barfi but this is basic recipe of Barfi. Add nuts or color to give variations. You can serve as a dessert or even use in Kheer or Halwas.
You can check the recipe of BASAN KI BARFI also.
|Fresh Milk||1 cup
|Ghee/ unsalted butter||1 cup
|Milk powder (Nido)||2 cups
|Icing sugar||1 cup
|Kewra essence||few drops
|Pistachio and almonds ||as needed
- In a pot add liquid milk and ghee. Let it melt and add Khoya ( if you do not want to add khoya than skip it). Stir well.
- Now add milk powder and sugar. Mix well.
- Stir constantly. Add kewra water.
- Mixture will become thick in consistency and leave sides of the pot.
- Grease a tray and pour mixture on it.
- Spread and sprinkle nuts on top.
- Let it cool on room temperature and than place in refrigerator.
- When set, cut in squares and serve.
Just in 3 ingredients make a delicious fudge. In the same recipe do variation and make different fudges. You can add walnuts, almonds, peanuts or any other dry fruit.
|Chocolate chips or cooking chocolate semi sweet||3 cups
|Condensed milk||1 can
|Margarine or any butter||1/4 cup
- In a large microwave safe bowl mix all ingredients and microwave till chocolate melt.
- Stir to mix.
- Add nuts.
- Pour in greased pan and let it set.
- Cut in desired shape and store in air tight jar.
- Enjoy with a cup of coffee 🙂
I have tried this recipe first time in this winter season and believe me the end result was super dooper delicious. Recipe is a bit different from basic zarda recipe but taste is too good.
|Rice||1/2 kg, boiled
|Carrot grated||3 medium
|Pistachios ||as needed
|Coconut grated||as needed
|Oil/ ghee||1/2 cup
- Spread carrot in a frying pan and stir till water of its own get dried.
- Divide carrot, rice and sugar in two portions.
- In a pot add oil/ ghee now layer one portion of rice and carrots with 2 tbsp milk.
- Repeat the process. Add 2 tbsp milk on top.
- Put it on griddle on low flame for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add all nuts and khoya.
- Serve hot and enjoy in winters 🙂
CROUNTS are croissant and doughnut pastry first introduced and invented by a pastry chef Dominique Ansel. Pastry is than fried , filled and gazed. Like doughnuts your kids will love these Cronuts which are like doughnuts but in taste very different and more crispy, flaky and delicious.
Original recipe of Dominique I am attaching with my post, but i have made it a bit more easier instead of making dough I have used Puff pastry. You can check the authentic recipe here:
DOMINIQUE ANSEL- AT HOME CROUNTS
|Puff pastry||as needed
|Water||for brushing layers.
|Oil ||for frying
|Nutella or any ganache||as required
- Roll the puff pastry, should not be thick.
- Cut with doughnut cutter.
- Brush each piece with water and place 3-4 pieces on each other.
- Press them and set aside.
- Prepare all. Heat oil and Fry on medium heat. Press each cronut with spoon and turn sides time to time till golden brown.
- Remove from oil when brown and fill icing bag with Nutella or any ganache
- Insert nozzle in cronut and fill in filling. Do icing and serve.
I always adored the beautiful colors of this jelly like halwa. When i came to know the recipe from a friend last year, I was surprised that we can make this effortless halwa in few minutes. You can cook in microwave or on flame. Result will be superb.
- Cornflour 1/3 cup
- Sugar 1 and cup
- Water 1 cup and 1/ 3 cup
- Cardamom powder 1 tsp
- Ghee 2 tsp
- Almonds as needed
- Melon seeds as needed
- Green food color few drops
- In a pan add water and sugar, cook on low flame till sugar dissolve.
- In a small bowl add water and cornflour. Mix well. Add food color also. Mix again.
- Add cornflour in sugar syrup and keep on stirring with hand whisk.
- It will become thick and glossy. Now use wooden spoon.
- Add ghee and mix well.
- Add cardamom , almonds and melon seeds in it.
- Mix well and cook till ghee separates. It fill form a hard jelly like texture.
- Spread this mixture in greased pan and press down with spoon. Cut shapes of your choice.
- Let it cool and serve.
- In a microwave save bowl add cornflour, sugar, cardamom powder and food color, mix with whisk.
- Microwave it for 3 minutes and take the bowl out, stir with whisk.
- Keep in microwave again for 2 minutes.
- Add melon seeds and mix well.
- Microwave for 1 minutes.
- Take bowl out add ghee, almonds and mix well.
- Give 1 more minute.
- Spread in a greased pan and cut shapes of your choice. Sprinkle almonds. Let it set now.
- Use any food color of your choice.
A traditional sweet which is easy to make. My mother was making these ladoz with granulated gram flour. It was easily available in Karachi. I tried these Ladoz with fine powder gram flour and the result is too good.
- Gram flour 2 cups
- Sugar 1 and 1/2 cup , grind it
- Suji 1 tbsp
- Ghee 1/2 cup
- Cardamom 4-5
- Almonds 10-12
- Grind sugar and cardamom. set aside.
- In a heavy bottom pan add suji and flour, dry roast it till nice smell appears. We use suji because flour will not stick with pan.
- Now add melted ghee and mix well.
- Add sugar and chopped almonds too.
- Mix well.If feel dry then you can add a little amount of ghee.
- Let it cool a bit.
- Make small balls. If you can not bear heat then wear any cotton gloves and make balls.
- Let them cool completely and serve.
- Enjoy with evening tea or after your meal.
One of the most famous dessert in Pakistan. This recipe was taught to me by one of my relative Shamim Naeem. Thanks to her for sharing delicious recipe with us.
- Dry milk powder/ Nido 2 cups
- Flour 1 tsp
- Baking powder 2 tsp
- Ghee/ clarified butter 2 tbsp
- Eggs 2 nos
- Fresh milk 1 and 1/2 litter
- Sugar 1 and 1/2 cup
- Cardamom 4-5
- Pistachio and almonds as needed
- In a pot boil milk, add sugar and cardamom. Cook till sugar dissolve. Stir constantly.
- In a bowl mix powder milk, flour, baking powder, ghee and eggs.
- I will recommend not to add eggs at a time, fist add small quantity and knead then add more and knead, Make a soft dough.
- Make balls of equal size and flattened them. Drop in milk.
- Milk should not be thick otherwise malais will become hard.
- After adding all malais, cover the pot with lid for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and leave it for few minutes.
- Now carefully place in a dish and pour milk.
- Refrigerate it till cool completely.
- Garnish with nuts and serve chill.
- Enjoy these delicious Ras Malais with your family.
I have served these in clay plates a pure traditional way 🙂
Watch My video Here:
Very simple recipe, fresh strawberries are still available in market so try this today. My sons loved this colorful sweet and tangy dessert.
- Milk 2 cups
- Custard powder 1 tbsp, any flavor. I ave used vanilla.
- Fresh cream 1 packet
- Sugar 6 tbsp or to taste
- Fresh strawberries 2 cups, chopped
- Kewra water few drops.
- Boil milk and add dissolved custard powder in it.Stir constantly till become thick.
- Add kewra water. mix well and let it cool completely.
- In a pan add strawberries and sugar. Add 4 tbsp water also. Cook on low flame till thick consistency obtained.
- Let it cool.
- Now in a bowl mix all ingredients.
- You can give layers too. First strawberry pulp, custard then cream.
- You can add sugar if required more.
- Refrigerate it, garnish with strawberries and sprinkles before serving.
A traditional Sindhi dish. A bit different from my recipe of GUR WALE CHAWAL but very delicious in taste. Try this Tahari today and give me your feedback.
- Rice Sela 1/2 kg
- Shakar/ Gur/ Jaggery 2 cups
- Milk 1 cup
- Water 1 cup
- Big cardamom powder 1 tbsp.
- Small cardamom 4-5
- Fennel seeds/ saunf 1 tbsp.
- Coconut cut in thin slices 1 cup
- Ghee 1/2 cup
- Nuts as needed
- Boil rice till one kani left. set aside.
- In a pot add ghee or oil and add cardamoms and fennel seeds. Stir for few seconds.
- Now add water, milk and shaker. Let it boil. Keep on stirring.
- Now add boiled rice and coconut.
- Cover with lid and cook till water dries.
- Serve hot.
This is special recipe for you in winter season. I have posted gram lentil halwa recipes last year but this time try Moong dal halwa, full of protein and calcium.
You can click to see the recipe of Chana Dal/ gram lentil Halwa.
- Yellow Moong dal 2 cups (soak in water overnight)
- Semolina/ suji 2 tbsp
- Ghee 3/4 cup
- Sugar 1 and 1/2 cup (grind it)
- Cardamom 4
- Khoya 1/2 cup (can use milk powder also)
- Milk 3/4 cup
- Kewra water 1/4 tsp
- Nuts as needed
- Grind dal by adding 2tbsp water to form a smooth paste.
- In a heavy bottom pan add ghee and cardamom stir for few minutes and add semolina. Fry till light brown.
- Now add dal and sugar mix well and add milk. Now start frying. You need some muscles to fry it 🙂
- Keep on stirring till ghee separates.
- Add kewra water and chopped nuts.
- Garnish with nuts and serve hot.
Satisfy your sweet tooth by this very easy and quick recipe. You can make this in microwave too. Just few ingredients you need to make these pedas.
|Powder milk ( Nido)||1 and 1/2 cup
|Condensed milk||1 tin
- Melt butter in a bowl and Add all other ingredients in it.
- Mix well and microwave for 3 minutes. After every minute take it out and mix with spatula or spoon.
- Mix crushed nuts in it, if you want.
- Now let it cool a bit.
- Grease your palms and make small size perahs and place on greased plate.
- Garnish with nuts and serve.
- Melt butter in a heavy bottom pan.
- Add milk and condensed milk. Mix well.
- Add cardamom powder as well.
- Cook for few minutes and remove from flame.
- Let it cool a bit and make Perahs.
One of the famous sweet dish of Pakistan which is favorite of all age groups. I have posted recipe of CHANE KI DAL KA TIKKI HALWA earlier now here is another recipe of Chana Dal/ Gram lentil Halwa. Very delicious and healthy.
You can check the recipe of DAL DATE HALWA recipe too. A perfect healthy sweet for winter season.
|Gram lentil/ chana dal||1/2 kg
|Fresh milk||1/2 kg
|Milk powder/ nido||1/2 cup
|Desicated coconut||1 cup
|Almond or any other nut||as needed
|Kewera water||1 tsp