Dry fruits are the most beautiful gift of the winter. As winter starts the demand of dry fruits reaches to its extremes. dry fruits are very healthy and good for human body. As skin got dry in winter so oil present in the dry fruits is useful for the skin.
Many other problems of winter season like colds, flu, cholesterol levels problem in body, dry fruits are helpful for all these kind of Problems.Winter has started in Asian countries and almost all over the world now everybody is looking for some warm clothes, bonfires and Bar B Q. the use of dry fruits is also common with all these things, most people eat dry fruits with a cup of tea or coffee.Like me…i love to enjoy these with coffee and hot chocolate.
As we all know that variety is spice of life….same is with dry fruits in winter, different variety of dry fruits like Almonds, Cashew nuts, Walnuts, Raisins, Dried apricots, Pistachios, Prunes, Peanuts, Dates and Coconut as they consists of different vitamins and minerals, enzymes fibers, magnesium, calcium, iron, phosphorus etc . it also consists of necessary fat which the human body needs and it also consists of oils and many types of vitamins like A, B1, B2, B5, B6, B9, C and E. .Many doctors and nutritionists give advice to their patients to use dry fruits for better and complete diet.
Eating dry fruits at night with your partner is one of the most romantic part of winter.
I love to enjoy these nuts with my family while sitting near the heater….:)
A simple sandwich can be a funny treat for your kids, you just need to poke your head inside vegetable basket and grab few of them, see the magic then…:)
If you will involve your kids with you then you will get a chance to see their creativity…lol.
Bunny Burger is an interesting idea for kids Lunch boxes even you can give them as an evening snack.
INGREDIENTS FOR PATTI:
|Chicken boneless||1 cup|
|Gram lentil (wash and soak in water)||3 tbsp|
|Red chilli crushed||1/2 tbsp|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 tsp|
|Black pepper crushed||1/2 tsp|
|All spice powder||1/2 tsp|
- In a pot add all ingredients except egg and boiled potato.
- Let them cook in 1 cup water on low flame till gram lentil soft, now on high flame dry excess water and chop meat mixture and potato.
- In this mixture add egg and mix well.
- Make patti and fry in shallow oil.
- Lightly toast buns and spread mayonnaise on both halves.Place patti and start giving a bunny look.
- I have used boiled egg for making eyes and carrot for ears and mouth.Olives i have used to make eye balls and nose.
A HAPPY EID MUBARAK….
Wishing A Very Happy Eid Mubarak
To You And All The Muslim Brothers
Around The World
Both Here And In Far Flung Places.
The Peace And Grace Of Allah Rest
Upon Your Shoulders And Bring You A Contended And Very Happy Eid.
Eid Is A Time To Think About
Our Good Fortune And Prosperity
And To Spare A Thought For Those
Less Fortunate Than Ourselves
And To Pray That Once Again,
Allah Will Provide For All Our Needs In The Days And Weeks Ahead.
May Allah Bless All Of Us With His Peace,
And May He Watch Over Those Less Fortunate,
Those Who Suffer And Are In Pain Or Distress, And May He Bring Comfort
To Those Who Mourn,
And To All My Muslim
Brothers And Sisters Around The World,
A Very Happy Eid.
I wish A Very Peaceful, Joyous And Happy Eid
With this wish i have bought a very different style doughnuts for you, i made doughnuts with my basic recipe and then make patterns of mehndi with chocolate (just melt cooking chocolate fill it in a cone made from butter paper and start making beautiful patterns). Isn’t it easy and interesting…:)
you can check the recipe of doughnuts here:
And yes, you can make these hands with cookie dough or gingerbread dough
also.I am sure your kids will love these.As my Son Ali asked me to trace his hand on dough..lolz
I know many of you already have experience this cake I always love to make these interesting things. It can be your kid’s lunch box item or kid’s party cake and much more.
You just need to fill in cake batter in cones and place in oven proof mug or fill cupcake cases and invert cones on batter and bake them for 25 minutes at 180 c.
You can dip in cake in chocolate ganache or melted chocolate decorate with sprinkles or any thing of your choice, ready to serve 🙂
This salad is a very refreshing and tasty choice for your coming party. Combination of fruits and jelly will attract everyone.
|Vanilla instant pudding mix||1 packet|
|Cream||1 packet/1 cup|
|Orange jelly||1 packet|
- Make pudding according to the direction given on box, pour in a bowl and keep in refrigerator till hard.
- Now beat pudding with a whisk until soft and smooth in texture.You can add sugar on this stage according to your taste .I have not mentioned in my ingredient’s list but if you want to add then feel free to add icing sugar in it.Even you can add prepared jelly(in liquid form) in pudding and mix well.
- Mix whipped cream and all fruits ,fold .
- Decorate with orange jelly and keep this in refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.
- Enjoy this simple but delicious salad .Even this can be your dessert as well.
Sounds interesting, isn’t it? Actually in this recipe I have used pizza dough, you can use puff pastry as well. Then cut the shapes and bake them, spread veggies of your choice and enjoy this easy and healthy snack with tea. A perfect lunch box recipe as well.
|Pizza dough/puff pastry||as needed|
|Spread/ cream cheese||vegetable,chicken,olive ,anyone of your choice|
|Mix vegetables ,of your choice(Carrot,cucumber,onion,capsicum) diced||as needed|
|Oil||for greasing tray|
- Use pizza dough or puff pastry and roll it, it should be very thin.
- Cut with knife or cutters of any shape of your choice and bake it till golden and crispy.
- Spread any spread ( vegetable, chicken, olive ).
- Cut all vegetables in very small cubes and spread on your leaves and flowers.
- Serve with sauce.
Again roses but this time pepperoni roses. I simply loved them, a very easy and delicious snack. Give your bread a twist and make roses 🙂
|Bread dough||as needed|
|Pizza sauce||as needed|
- You can learn how to make dough from ROSE CROISSANTS recipe if you don’t know it already.
- You just need to roll dough and make a very thin circle.
- Cut pepperoni in halves.
- Now cut long stripes of dough. Should be the size of half cut pepperoni.
- Spread sauce in a thin layer and place pepperoni on dough, rounded shape up wards, place all side by side.
- Roll firmly with tight hands and then brush egg wash and place on greased backing tray .
- Bake them at 170c till bread done.
- You can sprinkle cheddar cheese on sauce as well if you like to.
Sounds funny… lol I made this orange man on my son’s demand. He gave me suggestions to make hat from capsicum or to make smiling face, etc. Hope you will like this and make this for your young ones.
I saw this cute snowman somewhere a long ago. This weekend when I saw red radish in a vegetable shop I bought it and the same day made this snowman for my kids. They simply loved it…:)
Oranges are my and my son, Ali’s favorite fruit .When i made this basket he liked it a lot and asked me to make baskets of all oranges…lol. Guava simple chat is my all time favorite.Its very simple and easy to make.
|Black Pepper||1/4 tsp|
|Orange Juice||2 oranges|
- Remove seeds from guava and then slice them.
- Now add all ingredients. Mix well and set aside for few minutes, this way all ingredients will absorb into guava and this blended flavor of orange and guava you all will like… I m sure…J
I saw this butterfly idea on Pinterest and next day I made this cute butterfly for my son. He was so excited to see this as he likes raisins and apple a lot. Isn’t it an easy way to attract your kids towards healthy food..? A big YES from my side. Try it and let your kid enjoy this cute thing.
(or any other fruit or ingredient you like)
|Icing Sugar||for dusting|
- Make slices of apple and arrange them as shown in the pictures with chocolate in the middle.
- In the end dust icing sugar and serve immediately otherwise apples will change its color.
Pop corns are kids favorite snack but what about caramel pop corns with M&M buntees… Sounds good especially for young ones. It’s an easy recipe you can store these for a month as well and on top of all only three ingredients are involved in it.
|Pop Corns||as needed|
|Brown Sugar / Shakar||1 cup|
|M&M Buntees (or any other brand)||as needed|
- Add sugar and butter in a pan and stir till it melts.
- Then add both, pop corns and buntees and mix welland fast.
- Make small balls (you have to do this fast otherwise the corns will not stick ).
- Serve it 🙂
Few days ago one of my friend shared a link on my Facebook wall, in which a person was making chocolate bowls by using balloons. I took no time and bought some balloons and started my experiment. I melted chocolate and then after blowing up a couple of balloons I dipped one in the chocolate as it was mentioned in the picture. So far so good as chocolate covered half the balloon. I happily kept that in a plate and grabbed other one. Boommmm… a blast of balloon I heard. For a second I tried to understand what happened but soon I realized that it was the chocolate covered balloon which blew up after 5-6 minutes and it took whole day to clean up my kitchen. I did not give up and searched for another technique for making bowl and found one. I tried it and soon I was jumping up with joy. It was a great success. Here is the recipe, hope you will also try and then comment.
CHOCOLATE BOWL INGREDIENTS:
|Cooking Chocolate||1 cup|
|Aluminum Foil||as needed|
- Melt chocolate, meanwhile cover the outer surface of bowl with foil. You need to cover whole bowl except inner surface.
- Now dip the bowl in melted chocolate, wait for few minutes then again dip it and place them in a tray facing down wards means chocolate dipped portion up.
- Let it cool down for whole night, if temperature is high in kitchen then keep them in fridge. Next day you just need to push the foil up but not forcefully, with very light hands… foil will come out it self and then remove it.
- Your chocolate cups/bowls are ready. You can serve ice cream or mousse in it….:)
SESAME BALLS INGREDIENTS:
|Sesame Seeds||1 cup|
|Shakar/Jaggery/Brown Sugar||1 cup|
- First melt jaggery (gur) and water in a pan.
- Then roast seeds in a pan. When it smell like they are roasted remove from stove and set aside.
- Now check gur mixture if it is thick, add sesame seeds in it along with ghee. Mix all well and let it cool down for few minutes and then make balls of mixture. You should do this quickly otherwise the ball will not form a perfect round shape.
- You can add crushed nuts also if you like… enjoy this winter special treat.
Hi friends a very sweet and chocolaty happy new year 🙂 I was thinking to wish you all in my style and as I mentioned before I love sweets and chocolate so instantly I decided to make “2013 doughnut”… It was an exciting activity for me and my kids. Hope you will like it as well. Top of all today its a beginning of a new journey of my website. I would like to thank my husband, without his support and efforts it couldn’t be possible. I will end with this wish for you and for myself as well..
New year comes to give us a fresh hope
For a better future and success
New Year gives us dream for that
We will face challenges with confidence
On this new year may your dreams and hopes
succeed with the blessings of God
Happy New Year and Seasons greetings to all…..
|Plain Flour||2 cup|
|Icing Sugar||3/4 cup|
|Instant Yeast||2 tsp|
|Powder Milk||1 tbsp|
- Mix all ingredients and then knead them with lukewarm milk. It should be soft now keep it at warm place (near stove) to rise.
- Now roll the dough with rolling pin and cut it with doughnut cutter.
- Deep fry them on medium flame.
|Cooking Chocolate||4 oz|
|Icing Sugar||2 cups|
- In a pan add icing sugar ,butter and milk and mix well.
- Now add chocolate and melt it on low flame (I always keep it in microwave for 20 sec) and then add in sugar mixture.
- After mixing, dip doughnuts one by one and leave them to set…..
- Make any shape you want with the dough (in this case I’ve made numbers), then dip them in icing and garnished with sprinkles.
I picked this recipe from Fauzia’s kitchen fun , and because i like to make different breads myself so it was a very unique addition in my breads list. I tried it with different fillings and always liked by all.
INGREDIENTS FOR BREAD:
flour 2 cups
yeast 2 tsp
butter 1/2 cup melted
warm milk to knead the dough
Mix all ingredients n knead with milk ,dough should be soft thn leave it for 3 hrs meanwhile make filling…
FILLING INGREDIENTS FOR ROSES:
chicken shredded 1 cup
onion 1 small
oil 1 tbsp
flour 1 tbsp
garam masala powder 1/4 tsp
black ppr 1/2 tsp
crushed red chillies 1/2 tsp
In a pan add oil and saute chopped onion then add flour and fry for few mins then add chicken and all spices ,now add 1/2 cup water in it ,the mixture will become thick then add hara dhania and mirch in it.Set aside , let it cool down.
HOW TO MAKE ROSES:
Make small balls of dough and roll each ball and make a small thin roti then, cut it in four halves but not from center
place filling in center and then overlap all halves ,brush egg wash and sprinkle till (sesame seeds ),bake it for 20 mins at 160c in electric oven….enjoy with tea and grab your family’s appreciation….:)