This recipe is a bit different from my basic kheer recipe but you will love the taste of this kheer. Burns Road is a famous and old food street in Karachi. I like Rabri and kheer most beside Haleem and dahi baras. Here is the copycat recipe of Burns road kheer. Try is must 🙂
|Condensed milk||1 cup|
|Bread slice||1 (soak and then grind in 1/2 cup milk)|
|Kewra water||1/2 tsp|
- Soak rice for an hour and then break them or coarsely grind them.
- Add milk in a heavy bottom pot and add cardamom and rice too. Let it cook on low flame till reduce to half.
- Now add sugar and condensed milk. Stir till well dissolve. Check sugar on this stage if required more then add.
- Add soaked and grind bread and kewera water.
- Let till cook till thick.
- Pour in clay plates/thotian and garnish with nuts.