Malfua or Malpua are basically a version of pancakes but in Bohri style. I have experienced a lot of Bohri recipes back in Karachi, where people from Bohra community is living In huge number. I am fortunate enough that one of a very experienced and dedicated lady Zeenat Iqbal Hakemji shared her recipe with me, she is a seasoned cook and a housewife. You can visit her blog ZEENAT IQBALS KITCHEN for more Bohra Recipes.
|Semolina/ suji||1/2 cup|
|Plain Flour or Wheat flour (atta)||1 cup|
|Water/ milk||to soak ingredients|
|Cream and nuts||for garnish|
- Soak semolina, flour and sugar. Keep them overnight. You can just soak them for 15 minutes if you want to make quick Malfua.
- In the morning add egg and beat well.
- You can adjust consistency of batter by adding water or milk.
- Consistency should be thick.
- Spread a ladle full of batter on preheated and greased pan.
- Let it cook for few minutes and than turn the side.
- Serve hot with cream or honey and nuts.