I have posted few recipes of Black Chickpea Chat earlier, which were my family recipes but here I am sharing a recipe which I have saved from a group and it is so delicious.
You can also check these recipes:
SPICY BLACK CHICKPEA CHAT
BLACK CHANA CHAT
|Boiled black chickpeas||1/2 kg|
|Boiled potatoes||3 large, cut in cubes|
|Shakar/ jaggery||2-3 Tbsp|
|Tamarind paste||1 cup|
|Red chili flakes||1 tbsp|
|Fennel seeds||1 tbsp|
|Cumin seeds||1 tbsp|
|Whole red chilies||6|
|Red chili powder||2 tbsp or to taste|
|Whole coriander seeds||1 tbsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 tsp|
|Onion||1 small, sliced|
|Coriander leaves||as needed|
|Green chilies||as needed|
|Lemon juice||as needed|
- Dry roast 1 and half tbsp gram flour, salt, whole coriander, cumin seeds, red chili powder, whole red chilies and turmeric powder.
- Add saunf/ fennel seeds in roasted spices and grind all.
- Soak tamarind with shakar / raw sugar and mix well. You can microwave for 1 minute to dissolve sugar.
- Now add oil in pot and saute onion for few seconds, add curry leaves and stir. Now add grinded spices and tamarind pulp in it, mix all well.
- Add chick peas and potato (boiled) Mix well. Add salt, crushed red chilies and a little amount of water.
- Let it simmer for few minutes.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves and green chilies.
- Chat should be saucy, if you feel dry than add water and cook for few minutes.
- Squeeze lemon juice before serving.