|Egg plant/ Bangan||1/2 kg|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 tsp|
|Onion seeds/ Rai||1/2 tsp|
|Red chili powder||1 tbsp|
|Coriander powder||1 tbsp|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 tsp|
|Mustard seeds||1/2 tsp|
|Cumin seeds||1 tsp|
|Desiccated coconut||2 tbsp|
|Sesame seeds white||2 tbsp|
|Tamarind pulp||1 cup|
|Coriander leaves||for garnish|
- Fill a large bowl with water and add 1 tsp salt in it, dissolve and set aside.
- Wash egg plants and slit lengthwise to make four parts/ pieces keeping the stalk intact. Put egg plants carefully in this saltish water. Leave for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil and add onion seeds/ Rai let them crackle then add chopped onion. Fry till light brown.
- Now add curry leaves and stir, add ginger garlic paste and tomatoes chopped . Fry them till tomatoes soft and tender.
- Make a paste of red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt, mustard seeds/ methi dana, cumin seeds (roast and grind mustard seeds and cumin seeds). Add 1 tbsp water to make a paste.
- Add this paste in tomato gravy. Fry till oil separate.
- Add eggplants and fry with spices for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cup water and cover the lid.
- When tender and soft then add coconut , sesame seeds (roast and grind them) and tamarind pulp in gravy and mix with gentle hands.
- Cover again for 5-6 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with rice or Chapati.