1. Aids in digestion
Basil seeds are commonly used to provide relief from stomach upset. Due to its carminative effects, it is effective for treating digestive disorders such as stomach cramps, flatulence, constipation, irregular bowel movements and indigestion.
2. Treats colds
Another benefit of basil seeds is that they also provide relief from influenza, fever and cold. Since it has antispasmodic effects, it can help treat whooping cough. In fact, tulsi is the main ingredient in many expectorants and cough syrups.
3. Cures respiratory disorders
The herb is useful in the cure of respiratory disease, according to recent studies. A mixture of the herb, with ginger and honey is a remedy for asthma, cough, cold, influenza and bronchitis. Simply boil it in a glass of water and consume it.
4. Stress reliever
Consumption of basil seeds has an uplifting effect on your mood and thus is beneficial for relieving mental fatigue, nervous tension, melancholy, depression and migraine. Due to its calming effect, it is commonly used for aromatherapy purposes, giving you clarity and mental strength.
5. Good for skin infections
Basil seeds are crushed into oil to help in treating infections such as wounds, cuts, bladder infections, skin infections and so forth.
(courtesy to Google for information)
|Orange juice||1/2 glass|
|Sugar||to taste or 2 tbsp|
|Crushed ice||for serving.|
- Soak seeds in warm water. The warm water (not boiling) helps to fully swell the basil seeds, releasing antioxidants and digestive enzymes.
- In a pan add 1/2 cup water and sugar cook to make syrup.
- Let it cool completely then add honey in it.
- Pour orange juice in it and in the end seeds. (you can use any juice of your choice even lemon juice as well)
- Stir and serve chill….:)