Pancakes are easy to make. You can serve them with any topping or fruit or even with nuts. I adopted this recipe from Martha Stewert’s website. In Pakistan these pancakes are called Chella in villages. They use shakar instead of sugar. I will share Chillas recipe with you too. Desi pancakes are as good as Western Pancakes 🙂
- Flour 1 cup leveled
- Egg 1
- Baking powder 2 tsp
- Milk 1 cup
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Butter 2 tbsp
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- Oil for greasing pan
- Topping of your choice
- In a bowl add flour and baking powder. Stir with whisk.
- Now warm milk in microwave or on stove and dissolve sugar in it.
- Melt butter and add in flour.
- Add egg, vanilla, salt, and milk half quantity in flour, stir with whisk. Add more milk if required.
- Beat until dropping constancy obtained.
- Heat pan spray oil. Spread ladle full mixture on pan and let it cook from one side then turn its side and cook till nice golden color appear.
- Prepare all pan cakes and serve with any topping like Maple syrup, Honey, Caramel, Chocolate topping or butter.